Monday 2 February 2015

Disney Diary - Week 3.

Oh how time flies so fast, already is it February and the third week of my internship. Slowly, day-by-day, I am fitting into my new home. Already I have made great new friends and got to hit it off quite well with them, as well as gotten to know them well. This week was rather exciting, I got to experience my first American diner with my American friends in the middle of the night and I got to watch my first Super Bowl football game.

We'll start off with my first night at an American Diner. That night, or should I say morning, I had finished my long shift. And I mean LONG. My fellow co-workers invited me to join them and go out to the International House of Pancakes restaurant to eat and hang out with them. It was not too far with work and we wanted to hang out with the Brazilian employees before their internship was over. When we got there, I was amazed by the interior of the diner as well as the menu. It was unlike I had ever see. We all ordered what we wanted for that morning, which were mostly pancakes. I can't remember exactly what I ordered but boy, was it delicious and certainly different to all the pancakes I have eaten back home. The photos before will show you what I mean. And I do apologize if the photos are not picture-perfect. They were taken with my old iPhone 4 camera.


The International House of Pancakes.



A standard meal for me; Fried eggs, deep-fried mashed potatoes and two strips of bacon.



Raspberry Pancakes with whip cream. 


I know what you're thinking. Yes, it was delicious! I highly recommend going to this diner and try their pancakes. It will blow... your... taste buds... away.

Now, onto my first Super Bowl game. It was only earlier this evening that I got to watch it for the first time in my life. And boy was it exciting and worth the watch. Unfortunately, I had just finished my shift as the first half ended. But I made it to watch the second half. I watched the second half at the Commons complex in their screening room. There I never felt more excited to watch the game. The game consisted of the New Patriots against the Seattle Seahawks. Below are photos of the screening.





















I do apologize for the poor quality of the photos. Unfortunately, my professional camera was not permitted in the screening room. Instead I had to give my camera bag to security and I had to use my iPhone. The audience during the game was enthusiastic and passionate when it came to the Patriots making scores. By the end, the crowd went wild and their screams nearly shook the building as the Patriots won the game. With the score coming to Patriots: 28 and the Seahawks: 24.


See Week 4 at http://ss-film.blogspot.ca/2015/02/simons-disney-diary-week-4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment